It’s Wednesday, October 30th, 2019- Halloween eve. It’s official, the holidays are coming. With the holidays less than a day away, now is the perfect time for some holiday marketing tips, courtesy of the Slick Marketers family. However, it’s important to remember who your audience is when employing these tips. Strategy differs, when dealing with existing customers compared to prospects. With that being said, we can’t wait to share these tips with you.
When marketing during the holidays for existing customers, it’s important to do the following three things:
- Send Your Holiday-Specific Well Wishes- The holidays are a time for spreading cheer and this includes the people who you work for and with. Wishing your clients a “happy holidays”, shows them that you’re thinking about them and that you care. This goes a long way to maintaining a healthy working relationship.
- Send Updates on What You’re Doing- Whether it’s working on promotions, organizing company events, or changing to holiday hours, it’s the busiest time of the year for most people. As a result, it’s more important than ever to keep clients in the loop at all times and especially when it directly affects them.
- End of the Year Summary- At the end of the year it’s always worth looking back at the company’s accomplishments/evolution and seeing how it improved from the previous year. This shows clients how your company has grown and how it plans on continuing that growth in the year to come.
When marketing during the holidays for prospects, it’s important to do the following five things:
- Create Holiday-Specific Google Ad Campaigns- Google ads are absolutely essential to attracting a large audience due to the prevalence of google searches in everyday life. In order to capitalize on google users during the holiday season, it’s important to ensure that your campaigns are aligned with whatever holiday is on the horizon.
- Spread the Holiday Spirit Through your Outbox- Email marketing is a great tool for connecting with clients and customers during the holidays. Spread the holiday cheer and make sure that your customers and clients are made to feel special with individual messages.
- Send Holiday Greetings in the Mail- Although we’re living very much in a digital world, physical mail never goes out of style. Provide your personal touch with a happy holidays card for all of your loyal customers.
- Crack the Instagram Ad Code- Instagram is king when it comes to being a social media marketing platform. Ads are constantly flooding news feeds, so it’s important to add your own ads to these news-feeds and especially during the busy holiday season.
- Organize Holiday Giveaways on Your Social Media Platforms- The holidays are a time for giving and it just so happens that the vast majority of people love receiving. Running holiday giveaways on your social media platforms is hugely popular with customers and will keep customers coming back for more long after the giveaways finish.
- Rev Up Your Re-marketing- Re-marketing is a fantastic way to engage with potential customers who have visited your website. Whether they purchased products or not, it’s important to capitalize on any and all interest that they have expressed in your products/services. During the holidays when people are shopping more frequently than ever, this couldn’t possibly be a more vital part of your marketing process.
Everyone in the Slick Marketers family would like to take this time to thank you all for reading our “Holiday Marketing Tips”. We wouldn’t be able to do what we do without our loyal clients and we hope that these tips go some way to helping you out in your own marketing endeavors. Happy Holidays from the Slick Marketers family!